ASA Research Grants
Annual grants of up to $25,000 to support original research have been made available by the Australian Society of Antimicrobials (ASA). Grants may/may not be awarded annually at the discretion of the ASA Executive Committee. The following conditions apply:
- Funding is limited to ASA financial members
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must have been an ASA member for at least twelve months
- The successful applicant will present their work at an ASA annual scientific meeting
- If applicable the PI will submit an article for the ASA newsletter and website
- ASA will be acknowledged on all resulting publications and presentations
- 12 and 24 month progress reports must be submitted to the ASA committee
The application must be performed on line via the ASA website Research Grant Application Form and must include:
- A copy of the PI's CV.
- Head of Department confirmation of the application and the Department has the resources required to undertake the project.
The grant application and CV will be assessed by a panel of at least six independent reviewers using a standardised scoring system. Applicants will be informed of the decision one week before the ASA annual scientific meeting "Antimicrobials 2013".
The closing date for 2013 is Friday 25th October.
Click here for the Research Grant Application Form.
For further enquiries please contact the ASA secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous ASA Research Grants
Randomised Controlled Trial of Meropenem versus Piperacillin-Tazobactam for Definitive Treatment of
Bloodstream Infections Due to Ceftriaxone Non-Susceptible Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp .
David Paterson, Queensland University
Complete Sequencing of Selected, Informative Multi-resistance Plasmids from Enterobacteriaceae
Sally Partridge, Westmead Hospital
VANESSA (VANcomycin Efficacy in Staphylococcal Sepsis in Australasia): A Prospective, Multi-centre, Observational Cohort Study of Outcomes in Staphylococcus aureus Bacteraemia
Natasha Holmes, Austin Health